the beef
100% USDA certified

Bikes: Bianchi XL EV2

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Phantoj

1. Bell cyclocomputer (~$10). How can you beat a $10 speedometer? Seemed to have all the functions of the typical $20-30 Nashbar cheapie. One version was even available in a number of colors.

Here's a fact for ya. That cyclocomputer sucks. I had it; it was my first bike speedometer. I came in from my very first road ride, pust a little pressure upon the main unit as I was taking it out at the stop point, thought everything was fine. On the way back, the computer registered me at 0.0 mph the whole way, and nothing I did could fix it. Magnet calibration, rewiring, nothing. Finally, I realized at home that by pressing down on the computer that one time I had gotten one of the metal data transfer plates wedged under the cheap plastic which made it so the data transfer points couldn't make contact. I pried the plate back out with some tools and it worked, but gave out a few weeks later yet again. By then I was tired of it and the one-button design and went for a $25 Cateye, which has just been so much better. I'm not even kidding.