Old 06-24-06, 09:29 AM
bmclaughlin807
Crankenstein

Bikes: Novara Randonee (TankerBelle)

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Actually, I did appreciate them. You did a great job. I was just giving you a hard time.

The closest I came up with was strapping my laptop backpack to the side of my rear rack, because the laptop won't fit in any set of panniers available locally. Worked quite well... other than taking too much thought and time to put it on and remove it. I used this method for about a month.

Now I've got a set of grocery panniers, and I just strap the backpack into one... one snap closure at the top and I'm done. Been doing it for a week... not sure if it's going to last or not. If it breaks, I'll probably permanently attach the mounting hardware from the pannier to the backpack and go that route.

I can certainly appreciate the issues when doing any kind of prep for touring on a tight budget... it's HARD!!

Congrats on your panniers, looks good, and probably more convenient than some of the sets I've seen out there for sale.
"There is no greater wonder than the way the face and character of a woman fit so perfectly in a man's mind, and stay there, and he could never tell you why. It just seems it was the thing he most wanted." Robert Louis Stevenson