View Single Post
Old 06-24-06, 12:16 PM
NOS88

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 6 Times in 2 Posts
I own a Specialized Roubaix Pro. I've done centuries, metric centuries and other long rides on it. I had the frame replaced under warranty this spring and was given a Trek Madone 5.2 as a loaner until they finished the work. I'll take my Roubaix any day of the week! It is surprisingly stiff up hills and remarkably comfortable for all day riding. The Trek Madone was a little tigher/quicker, very appropaiate if you're going to be racing shoulder to shoulder with 30 other riders. Although the Roubaix frame was ridden in the last two TDFs. The stock wheels aren't the fastest, but they've held up very nicely and I'm 200+ lbs. Your LBS dealer is correct, it is much more comfortable than the Allez, which I rode for two 30 mile rides before buying the Roubaix. I concur with Cheeseflavor, if I had to replace it, I'd look for another. Oh, yeah... I've got about 6,500 miles on the old frame that was replaced and 1,700 on this one. The original frame was replaced because the bonding agent holding the bottom bracket gave way. Someone tried to take out the bottom bracket and was trying to turn the drive side the wrong was. Specialized said that this didn't matter. It should have held, but didn't. Specialized replaced with no hassle at all.