Thread: Nailed it
View Single Post
Old 06-26-06, 03:07 PM
stapfam
Time for a change.

Location: 6 miles inland from the coast of Sussex, in the South East of England

Bikes: Dale MT2000. Bianchi FS920 Kona Explosif. Giant TCR C. Boreas Ignis. Pinarello Fp Uno.

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked 5 Times in 4 Posts
Originally Posted by Raketmensch
Sounds like a good idea. I also like Denver's Tyvek idea. Beyond that, I obviously oughta add a patch kit to my jersey-pocket gear, at least for longish rides. If I'd had another flat anywhere during the last half of that ride, the only option would have been to whip out the "electronic repair kit" and call the missus for a ride home.

I know it is always adding to the overall weight carried, but Our tandem has a habit of shredding tyres. We always seem to pick up punctures at speed and by the time we have stopped- one tyre in tatters. We now carry a spare folding tyre as part of our repair kit on the damn thing. The folder along with the spare chains and chain tool- 2 spare tubes and repair kit- Rear quick release- as these have a habit of bending and a full complement of tools- means that if it would save us carrying that lot- I would use $50 as long as I could recover it after the ride. Mind you- the final resort is the "Electronic screwdriver" (For Dr. Who fans out there) to eliminate all these problems. Then there is the box of chocolates to placate the driver after recovery.

Spike Milligan