bmclaughlin807
Crankenstein

Bikes: Novara Randonee (TankerBelle)

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Originally Posted by derath
Zip ties and duck tape will fix just about anything.

-D
I never leave home without them! Electrical tape is handy, too.

I once told my wife I could fix anything with electrical tape. She remembered, too.... when we were driving along in our old Jeep Cherokee, it backfired, then the engine dies.... Coast over to the side of the road, and I get under the hood checking things out.

my wife, being funny, grabs the electrical tape from the glove box, and hands it to me, reminding me about me saying I could fix anything with electrical tape. I go back under the hood.

Five minutes later, I slam the hood, start the engine, and we go home.

Needless to say, she was impressed! (oh, in case you're wondering, the backfire blew every vacuum connection off... the tubing was all old... I taped it all back into place with the electrical tape!)

I even fixed the neighbor's dog with electrical tape, once. He had a sore on his foot that he wouldn't stop licking, keeping it from healing... I put an old sock over it, wrapped the tape fairly tight near the top of the sock, and rolled the top down over the tape. Worked perfectly.

"There is no greater wonder than the way the face and character of a woman fit so perfectly in a man's mind, and stay there, and he could never tell you why. It just seems it was the thing he most wanted." Robert Louis Stevenson