Old 07-02-06, 05:11 PM
TheRCF
Da Big Kahuna

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by ceridwen
My roomate and both ride our brooks with no padded shorts on. Mine's still in the break in so I only do that up to about 10 miles right now, but it will do up as it breaks in. She goes 20+ miles with no padding and no issues. I think it's pretty normal for those with a Brooks. (btw I have a B17S and she has a B72)
Thanks for those commenting on using Brooks without special shorts. Also need to here from anyone who finds that doesn't work in case I'm only hearing from a select group!

BTW, maybe part of this issue with regular shorts has to do with the kind of underwear. I normally just wear ordinary stuff (Hanes or something). Are you folks who don't have problems wearing anything special.

Another thing now that I think about it - I mentioned that when I try to wear regular shorts, my butt will get a burning sensation. I've had this happen with bike shorts too sometimes - just not nearly so bad and not all the time. When it does, I get the feeling that there is a problem with moisture. In fact, awhile back when my air conditioning wasn't working at home and I was just sitting around in a underwear - and still too hot - I got some of the same feeling.

So I guess that has to be factored in. Either I need underwear that deals with that better or some other solution, though I still don't know why this didn't happen on normal rides back when I had a comfort bike. I could wear the normal underwear or swim trunks under my shorts back then.