View Single Post
Old 07-03-06, 03:32 AM
sunofsand

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by SamHouston
So when this fellow crosses a tremendous bridge against the flow of traffic, say as the OP describes in the first encounter, surprisingly from a blind turn, how is it possible that superior atheletic ability will prevent the cyclist he surprises, whose right of way he's interfered with, from being involved in an accident due to his actions?

It doesn't matter at all how good he thinks he is if what he does causes an accident does it? Excepting cyclists with telepathic abilities, of course, that risk he's taking is with someone else when he encounters them regardless of his ability to avoid an accident himself. The telepathic ones couls send out some sort of warning vibe I'd guess, don't you think?
I'm only saying that some of the time the guy you believe had no way of seeing you
did indeed see you

You bring up telepathy. I'm sure you've heard that word tossed around during sporting events? Almost is.
I could throw a ball directly over your head from 30 feet away and it would probably piss you off eventhough you were never in any danger of being hit. In order to do stuff like that you have to KNOW what is going to happen in that next instant for it to work
Being responsible is what keeps you from trying those things when you are unsure of the outcome.

No, if the guy causes an accident than he's an idiot. If the guys actions cause another to do anything that they wouldn't have done otherwise
the guy is an idiot.
If the guy does something that only after he is long gone makes you wonder about what could have happened if you had seen him just a split second earlier
the guy is just better than you and you're crying over it.