View Single Post
Old 07-03-06, 01:58 PM
turtleguy54

Bikes: 1971 Motobecane Grand Record (frame), 1983 Vitus 979 (Bought new and built up. My son still rides it), 1978 Raliegh Roadster (complete but totally torn down right now. 28" wheels, Surly Cross Check ( my love. What a bike)

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
4th of July and no biking!

Late last week, I noticed my ears were beginning to stop up. Oh, I've been here before. I start using hydrogen peroxide and letting my wife try to flush them out. All to no avail as the ear aches began. Wow, how these can send you into "little kid" mode!

Yesterday, I felt pretty stopped up but not in a lot of ear pain. I hadn't slept that well but thought we might have caught it in time since I couldn't see the Doctor until Monday. Went out for a ride and about 10 miles in, all I could here was the blood pulsing in my head and then the ice pick pain in my right ear. On to the house for some thumb sucking with my head in my wife's lap.

Well, the Doc today took the firehose to my ears followed by the pick axes knocking things out of my scull I swear should still be there. Makes you pucker so much, you could ride a 1x2 and sit right on top! It's thought to be an inherited problem (my oldest son has had some problems too). They are not sure if alergies or what brings it on but I end up with waxy build up behind the ear drum that turns into little burrs that scratch and infect the inner ear.

Antibiotics and home flushing....and no riding until it clears! He's worried about the pressure put on the inner ear during exercising. Wow who wants to drive anywhere on the 4th? I do notice a lack of balance if I turn my head quickly though, So I will give it a couple of days.

Maybe someone would run an "Ear Wax 100" in my memory tomorrow.