Old 07-15-03, 07:06 PM
SpudPuppy

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Greetings and Salutations

Howdy all,

I'm male, 36, and a long time cyclist. I've been mountain biking casually for 17 years or so. I like all sorts of trails, but prefer the challenging ones, both physically and technically. My current mountain bike is a Seven Duo.

I'm also about ready to take delivery on my first road bike; it's a Seven Alaris. The reason I signed up to meet all of you is to gain wisdom (and learn the secret handshake for the roadie club). I'm fit and a strong rider, but have no experience with road or pack riding. I'm interested in hearing suggestions on how to get started on the road, and, just maybe, if it doesn't remain quite so intimidating, how to get started racing.

I live in Sammamish, in Washington State, which is just east of Seattle. Unfortunately, my wife doesn't ride, but my oldest daughter is about ready to lose her training wheels.

My profession is software and computer graphics for video and computer games. Up until the last couple of years, I allowed work to dominate my time, but I'm repairing that oversight with determination and plenty of time in the saddle.

I've just recently discovered this community, and I'm very impressed. Not only with how useful the quality information is, but also with so many candid and helpful attitudes and with the polite and respectful discussion of controversial subjects.
I'm honored to become a member.

-SpudPuppy