Maelstrom 
Wood Licker

Bikes: Trek Fuel EX 8 27.5 +, 2002 Transition Dirtbag, Kona Roast 2002

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 23 Post(s)
Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Chone
Indeed, I was left in doubt when he said frame materials are all the same and carbon and steel vibration damping properties are a myth... my steel frame had less vibrations than my alumnium frame, it even a worse fork but the ride had less vibrations and I know it and thats not the only thing... so now I take the information on Sheldon's page open minded but I do not swear its true until I experience it first hand or I know for sure it is the truth.

Matter of fact, first hand experience is the only way to really know.
Keep in mind sheldon is a different generation within a different type of riding. I take what he says and try to apply it to the way I ride. It worked when I was xcish and slower. But when I do my downhill his rules tend not to apply. That said I do believe he doesn't even believe downhill and freeride should exist or be so sport specific. Which might be why his rules never change.

To all you who say counter steering...yehaw, yes its great, but it is a very difficult thing to pull off. Some people forget it is one of the most difficult things to do imo. Manualling, wheelies, bunnyhops all at speed are easier. I still can't countersteer well, especially off to one side.