View Single Post
Old 07-07-06, 12:56 PM
pinkrobe
DNPAIMFB

Bikes: Titus El Guapo, Misfit diSSent, Cervelo Soloist Carbon, Wabi Lightning, et al.

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Some of my friends have Hecklers, some of my friends have Stumps... The FSR riders have their bikes set up super-soft. I threw a leg over one, and even with the rear shock set up completely wrong, I could still spin with minimum bob and there was no brake jack. The Heckler dudes are hard-core XC/road riders and ride their bikes set up with a minimum of sag. They get a bit of bob, but they're already so smooth on the bike it's hard to tell. This is opposite to what most people think of when looking at these two bikes, but the point is that they're both flexible designs. I'm a big fan of the Horst Link, but the Stable Platform shocks have come a long way in the last couple of years. Put a Pro-pedal shock on a FSR, and you'll never see bob again...

SBW, from your past posts, you need a smaller bike, right? Instead of a Heckler, try the Blur LT. If that's too much money, go for the FSR, although you might want to see about getting a lighter stem/seat/bars/wheelset. $0.02