View Single Post
Old 07-11-06, 11:44 AM
stapfam
Time for a change.

Location: 6 miles inland from the coast of Sussex, in the South East of England

Bikes: Dale MT2000. Bianchi FS920 Kona Explosif. Giant TCR C. Boreas Ignis. Pinarello Fp Uno.

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked 5 Times in 4 Posts
Originally Posted by Digital Gee
Rather than buying a trainer, perhaps get a gym membership, where you could ride a variety of trainers, and use treadmills, stair climbers, etc., watch TV, and even gaze occasionally (and with great care not to get caught) at good lookin' women working out as well? That last part helps with the boredom factor.
Yo. Bros. we must be related- because although I prefer to get out on the bike- The Gym runs it a distant second place. Best of all though is if you go regularly enough- you do build up a relationship with the others at the gym and you realise that you are not as large as you think you are, and you are fitter than others of your age.

The big advantage to me is that I can exercise parts of my body that I don't normally do on a bike. Only thing is choose your times very carefully- I thought I had gone on pregnant mums night once- until I found out it was the local weight watchers club. 300lbs crammed into lycra and only 5ft tall is not the best site to give you enthusiasm.

Spike Milligan