View Single Post
Old 07-15-06, 06:39 PM
jim24
help meeeeee

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I would see an ENT if possible, no telling what the problem is.

If you have allergies, I'd look into something like flonase or another nasal spray. They take a little longer to start working compared to the oral medications, but in my expeirience are much better at treating the allergies. Heck, you could even try just saline nose spray morning and night and see if that helps. A little trick, if you do wind up on a prescription spray, use the saline 10-15 minutes before the prescription. This will remove much of the "derbis" that has collected and allows the medecine to contact your actual tissues better.

Have you ever broken your nose? I beleive a deviated septum can cause problems breathing through the nose, again, something for an ENT to check.

My understanding with most of the sinus surgeries is that they are reserved people with chronic infections/polyps. There is a laser surgery performed to smooth the sinus cavity again to help correct drainage problems. My mom had that and went from 6-7 severe sinus infections a year to one or two that aren't as bad. It is MISERABLE though. After the surgery, I think they seal your sinuses with wax for several days, and then you have to use a thing like a tukey baster to cleanse your sinuses for several weeks to prevent infection (ie, instert, spray, fluid drains out your *mouth*).

Jim