hill hater

Location: norton ohio 5.5 miles from center road tow path trail head

Bikes: cannondale t400 1987 model and a raleigh gran prix from 1973

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by edp773
After spokes are adjusted it is normal for some creaking and popping while the rim and spokes get seated to their new tension. Normally this noise will cease in a very short time.

If this noise persists every time your husband rides, I would continue to search for an answer.
I had that ones it turned out to be one very slightly loose spoke. That was a fun one to find.

Basicaly the spoke felt tight and there was no wobble in the wheel at all. But every once in a while when i realy pushed it id hear a very evenly spaced tink sound coming from some where. I finaly guessed it was a rim and considering i just replaced about 10 spokes on the rear wheel it had to be the rear. I finally gave up on my quest to find thew tink spoke and loosened them all up again and re did each one. I was pretty lucky as the new were just shinny enough to tell the diffrence.

If it is a spoke and your sure it is dont even bother tryig to find it you wont ever find the spoke. Loosen all the new spokes if a rebuild replaceing some worn out spokes or all them if a new build. I think in my case what happened was this. The spoke end at the hub was ever so slightly twisted or had some bit of grit etc in the hole at the hub and that was the source of my tink sound.

Also and i know this can happen if a spoke is put in backwards by accident it will also make pops tinks etc nosies double check the spoke ends in your hub to make sure none are flipped around