Former Hoarder

Bikes: Seven Axiom, Felt Z1, Dave Moulton Fuso

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 16 Post(s)
Liked 7 Times in 7 Posts
Originally Posted by Mariner Fan
Rad, are you supplying the hubs?

I had a set of 32 spoke Open Pro’s built by my LBS and the cost was around two hundred and sixty bucks and I supplied the hubs. I like the looks and ride of these wheels so much that I plan on replacing the Bontrager Race Lite’s on my Lemond with an Open Pro with Dura-Ace hubs.

Do you prefer the Velocity Aerohead rims over Open Pro's? If so, why? I've heard nothing but good things about Mike Garcia and I will certainly consider using him. BTW, the FH-7800 dura-ace hubs are very expensive. So far, it looks like I'll be spending two to three hundred on the hubs alone. I may have to consider alternatives.
Yep, I'll be sending Mike the 32 hole Campy C-Record hubs I recently purchased. I considered the OP's but went with the Aeroheads for a couple of reasons. First, they are almost exactly the same shape of the rims they will be replacing - the Campy Omega Strada Hardox - Aero version from 1989. I wanted to keep to something that was close to period correct - even if they didn't exist at the time. Second, I have the rims on another set of wheels and like them.

As for the OP's, if you like them, stick with them. They are great rims.