Old 07-20-06, 01:10 PM
wikicycle
Oldster

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
New bicycle info website

I am writing in to announce what I hope will become an excellent resource to the bicycle community. I have created a new wiki at http://www.wikicycle.com that aims to become a premier place to go for bicycle related information.

At the moment, the site is in beta. I have had just enough time to register the domain and set up the site, and am only beginning to work on the content. That's where I would like to ask for help.

If anyone has any interest in contributing to this project, please feel free! Absolutely anyone can stop by and make changes to content, and any help is welcome. The site will be very loosely moderated, but I think this has big potential. I truly think that this site can become a permanant archive of the best information available about cycling, much of it distilled from threads in this forum and other sites on the web.

Which begs a question: is it OK to use information from threads out of this forum, and attribute it to the appropriate author? I am not 100% sure of the terms of copyright of bikeforums. All content on WikiCycle will be licenced via creative commons, which is reproducable for anyone for non-commercial use.

The site will remain in beta for the forseeable future, as I am going on vacation shortly. However, once I return, I am going to put a lot of effort into the content. So, if you don't like what you see now (like I said, not a lot of content yet), please be sure to return in a month and see how things develop.

Cheers,
Wikicycle.