Old 07-22-03, 09:44 PM
SpOnGeBoB

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Tire busted, brakes messed n sum other things :(

Hi,

This is the story, I was biking back from a friends house on my crappy ass bike (so if I get mugged I wouldn’t care bout that bike) lost control on a turn n I fell down with it . The min I get up I look at the damages, I look at the front wheel and c that from the axel its bend roughly 45 degrease to the left, and the most of the spokes are bent as well. I walk over 2 my house which was right in front of me when I crashed open the garage n took apart the whole wheel. Took my about 4 hours to straighten the wheel with Flintstones like equipment. Then the next day it took me about another four hours to straighten the spokes and put everything together. I adjusted the nipples so the tire would be somewhat straight but it still wobbles I say about 6 mm to the left. I try attaching the brakes, and then I realizes those are messed as well, when I press the brakes they do brake fine, but they don’t stop braking even when I let go I took them apart completely thinking the springs broke, to my surprise they where fine :|. I had no clue how to fix them so I decided to wrap things up hoping it will take me about 1 hour to fix it the next day, then I decide to check the spokes to c if they are taught or not, and out of curiosity I checked the back wheel also, the spokes on the back wheel where so damn loose its not even funny, I can move them up, down side to side ect. So I got rele pissed n just left everything, as is cuz I got tired. Is it worth it to fix EVRYTHING or should I just get new tires? and thank god i didnt take my new giant NRS3, if i would of broke that i woudl honestly kill my self . If you no how to fix ne of that plzz help me

thnx!

Last edited by SpOnGeBoB; 07-22-03 at 10:32 PM.