View Single Post
Old 07-25-06, 06:03 PM
Grasschopper
He drop me

Bikes: '03 Marin Mill Valley, '02 Eddy Merckx Corsa 0.1, '12 Giant Defy Advance, '20 Giant Revolt 1, '20 Giant Defy Advanced Pro 1, some random 6KU fixie

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 138 Post(s)
Liked 12 Times in 9 Posts
Yea I am rethinking my position...now I would have to say it depends on the types of trails. I used to race citizen's class MTBs when I was in HS (15+ years ago). My bike was steel and full rigid and the trails really were fine for that bike and a CX bike IMO would have eben fine too. Now fast forward to today...I am a roadie who wants to roud out my biking lifestyle so I got a C'Dale Rush 800 and tonight was her maiden voyage...well I got myself into some advanced trails by lake of remembering the Mtn I was on and MAN the linesotne rock gardens were intense...I NEVER would have taken a full rigid in there unless I was carrying it. If that is the sort of trail then hell no to the CX bike but then the lower part of the trail was fairly decent single track and I think a CX bike would have been fine there. What I am saying is it all depends on the trail.