View Single Post
Old 07-27-06, 08:45 AM
kpumpy

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by slowandsteady
I am considering it. These past two weeks, I have gone from 70 miles a week to just 40. I just run out of time by the evening. I am NOT a morning person, and think it might be hard to get going first thing. I am just glad I am conscious enough not to fall down the stairs in the morning. I am training for the MS 150 in the fall, so I am running out of time. I really need to get in the miles. So are you a morning person, or did you just adapt to the early morning workout?
I am indeed a morning person by nature (the alarm goes off at 4:30) but nonetheless it took more than a little adapting to the morning routine. I just had to force myself to get up and get out and bypass the coffeemaker, so without it I still can totally relate with the dangers of stairs that time of morning LOL. I'm training for a century in Door County, Wisconsin myself in early September (that starts at 7:30 a.m.) and I've found that early-morning riding is a lot more humid, usually, but it beats the sun beating down on you at 5 p.m. I did a 100K ride in June that started at 8 a.m. and it felt like mid-day by that point so I really got off to a quick start. I know what you mean by running out of time by the evening, so morning rides make me feel like I've already accomplished a lot before that first cup of java.

Got the blinky going as well. Those mornings are getting darker already.