Old 07-27-06, 09:42 AM
n4zou
Scott

Bikes: Too Many

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
I found a standard tail and brake light from Wal-Mart mounted to the rack and a 12-volt SLA battery to power it works fine. I also put a flasher can in line with the bright bulb filament corresponding with the brake light function so the brake light flashes like a turn signal when I manually turn it on with a switch on the handlebar. The flasher can also makes a clicking noise reminding you to turn it off after you have stopped. Make sure you purchase a flasher can that ignores the resistance of the bulbs attached to it. The brake light filament draws a lot of current so if no one is behind me I don’t bother turning it on when stopping. The tail light part of the bulb draws much less current and of course I only use it when riding at night. For a headlight I use a modified track lighting fixture made for use with a 10-watt MR-11 12-volt bulb clamped to the handlebar works great. At night you look more like a motorcycle with that standard automotive tail and brake light than a bicycle so motorists seam to have a little more respect for you. After use I simply recharge the SLA battery and I am ready for the next day.