View Single Post
Old 07-27-06, 10:35 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by magic8ball
1) big buy in for the cost of the gear
2) bone density does not make you a cyclist, if the kid does not want to ride for 8 hours a day, they probably won't go pro, even if you raise them to.
3) why the hell would you even raise pro-cyclists?
4) olympics are technically amateurs, I know olympic cyclists who were not picked up professionally, and certainly not by pro-tour teams.
5) there is a kid in the projects down the street from me who can ride a wheelie for a mile easily, he's not getting picked up by the pro-teams.
6) these kids like bikes, pro team?
7) how many black cyclists are in the peleton?
8) does it count if the rider looks asian but is really a native from canada?
*what if they are of asian ancestry but were raised in idaho?
9) big difference from riding a bike everyday and racing at any level
10) what are the stats showing that most of the populations of japan or china ride bikes? if you can't afford a car, you walk.
11) why don't I see more italians in martial arts tournaments, I mean, italians like to fight and everything, and their poor, so it's how they entertain themselves as kids.
1)?
2)i didnt say they used bone density for cyclist, just an ideal who to spend money on
3)why not? why raise gymnast or basketball players when asians are short?
4)exactly, why not go higher?
5)i didnt say a kid who get picked up, why not turn a hobby into a living. did you think barry bonds started playing until he was an adult? no.
6)wtf?
7)huh?
8)i guess, but id like to see other countries
9)exactly my point, why dont they turn an everyday thing into more? just like you start biking daily, get more into it, and enter amateur races
10)have you been to china or japan?
http://youtube.com/watch?v=Ppl2TZ8mHkk
http://youtube.com/watch?v=fuBh9HMFr...ghai%20traffic
For 1.2billion people in China, there are probably well over 1 billion bikes
11)why are you so bitter? im just trying to find something out.