View Single Post
Old 07-28-06, 05:41 PM
erader

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by rufvelo
If they confessed to cheating, I will accept that.

If a test indicates a positive, I will also accept that - so as much as I liked the guy, Floyd is currently guilty in my book, until B sample or natural causes prove otherwise. I would like for him to come out and flatly deny it too, not some 'Er, well, maybe not' type stuff.

If there is a proven link to Fuentes, and unless Ulrich and Basso were able to, in a simple conversation with management, prove that they were not linked, (i.e. not seen hanging around his office, no products/blood clearly intended for them), I will believe they are guilty. There are no pics of me with Fuentes. Simple statement to Riis for example would have been, I don't know the good doc, or I know him, but I have never taken anything from him, never, or in the last 5 yrs, never anything currently on the list of banned substances!'

I'm also aware of the practise of accepting a plea deal, as in everyday tight legal situations too, if the evidence is overwhelming, and that maybe, maybe, Hamilton, Millar, Pantani, Virenque did not dope - it was just easier to deal with the 2 year ban for career's sake.

I don't believe all pros dope, just about 10% of the Euro pro circuit.

I will not believe than Lance Armstrong cheated.

I will not believe that Greg Lemond cheated.

maybe the 10 percent that win the big races but i think the number is much higher.

i'm not saying all these guys are full on doping but i think most take something....maybe something just as simple as a testosterone patch.

maybe lance's motorola and discovery teams were proof that clean riders really do ride better? if so i wonder why hamilton and heras were busted when they rode for other teams.

yep, i'm skeptical. been burned waaay too many times to think any other way.

ed rader