View Single Post
Old 07-30-06, 12:54 PM
dvranizan

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Hello! Quick Question About Carbon Forks

First off, let me say what a great community this is! Although I mostly lurk around, it has been a wonderful source of inspiration to keep communting!

My name is David, and I love commuting on my bike! I don't own a car, so it has been a necessity as well as a pleasure to bike to work every day! Unfortunately, I was hit by a car on the way to work one day, and it destroyed my bike (and dented me a little bit as well) ! So, once I healed, as motivation to get back on the bike (it is amazing how much harder it is to ride on some of these roads once you have been hit by a car) I decided I would treat myself to a newer bike. So I went from a large, heavy, and combersom steel frame to a light and responsive Giant OCR1.

OK, I know that was a terribly long introduction! But here is my question (Finally, I know!): My new bike has a carbon fork, and many of the roads I ride on a very bumpy. Potholes and things... I cannot dodge them all due to traffic, so sometimes my bike hits a little bump! This was never a big concern when I had an old steel frame older then myself, however, should I worry about the carbon fracturing or breaking in some way? Was my new bike just not a good choice? I hope not, I love it!

Thank you in advance for your advice, and I hope all of you have a wonderful new week commuting to work!