Old 07-29-03, 10:37 PM
djbowen1

Bikes: Cervelo Soliost

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Lack of Motivation

Every day while i am at work i cannot wait until i get home to ride, i think to myself i will ride here or there or out to the beach and back 3 times (my regular afternoon ride is 2 times = 18 miles). I get home gather all my crap, mount the bike on the roof and go. I get on the bike and start riding and within minutes i dont want to ride anymore. Today had to do somewhat with the fact that the wind blowing on the beach trail was like someone was holding my handlebars and trying to stop me from riding, which isn't all that out of the ordinary because the tail wind is usually awesome. Not today, the wind was coming from everywhere. In general i just dont have any motivation at all once i am riding. I think a lot of it has to do with riding the same route 6 times a week, but i dont have many options other than that in NY. People driving on the roads are very very evil. What can i do. I have tried setting goals in my head like makng it there in whatever amount of time or beating some rollerbladder there by some amount of time. Help!