View Single Post
Old 08-04-06, 02:26 PM
Ward7

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
New rider, new bike!

So I have not ridden a bike since before I got my drivers license at 16 yrs old. I am now 23 and was trying to figure out if I wanted to get another bmx bike or a mountain bike. It started out as just wanting to get any decent bike to get around up here in the west side of Los Angeles since traffic gets gross and I wanted something fun to do. At the lbs, I couldn't take my eyes off the sexy road bikes so I started to ask about them and asked a few of my tri-athlete friends about them and they said to go for it. I found out quickly that I am way too tall for a bmx bike at 6'3" and there was no way I was going to find time to drive out of LA to hit up trails with a mtb anyways.

I soon found a 59" '06 Lemond Etape at a shop near the office that looked great for the price. I picked it up for 600 and tax and was on my way. I rode it about 10+ miles yesterday right before my workout at the gym and man, I seriously am hooked. I can't wait to leave work and go get a computer for the bike and hit the roads again.

I thought I was going to use this bike just to cruise around and get sun and have something to do when I was bored on weekends but I am dying to ride again. I just need to learn all the proper etiquette on the roads and make sure I'm not a total noob out there. Thanks to the search function I was able to read a slew of old threads and it looks like you guys have exhausted almost every question I could think of.