'nother
semifreddo amartuerer

Bikes: several

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Originally Posted by rgerve
I look more at time than distance. Once you are doing more than 90 minutes or so on the bike, it's getting to be a long ride.
I'd say it's all relative. Many would consider 90 minutes pretty short. 10, 12, 14 hours, now you're talking my language (but no doubt *that's* short, to someone...).

At any rate, yeah, just keep riding, whether you focus on increasing mileage or time or whatever, you will improve if you stick with it. Two years ago I thought 50 miles was "long", but I completely skewed my standards this year by doing a double century. Now 50 is an easy lunchtime ride

I would actually increase more...you say you are not coming back exhausted; that's good but it's also bad as you're not digging deep. I would definitely make at least one of your rides either longer or harder or both. As your endurance and fitness improves, go to 2x a week, then 3x (don't go for more than 3 "high-intensity" workouts per week or it can get counter-productive). Soon that 30 miles will seem like nothing and the Ride Across Georgia will be like sitting on your couch watching NASCAR.