DnvrFox
Banned.

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 12 Times in 10 Posts
Originally Posted by Hask12
So what should I look for in a trainer?
You will get a lot of answers to this. It sort of depends on your philosophy of life, IMHO.

Personally, I am a utilitarian sort of guy. Whatever works to meeet the basic need at the lowest cost. SO, I have 2 trainers - my wife uses one, also. Both are the magnetic variety. One is a basic Nashbar.com trainer. You put your bike in it and pedal away. It has 3 different manual adjustments for resistance, but that doesn't matter much as the training tapes get most of their zip out of using different gears on your bike and different cadences. I have another magnetic trainer, with an adjustable handlebar clip-on variable resistance lever. It also works fine, and I do use the variable resistance when standing to pedal. Others need the ultimate in refinement and quality. Take your choice or somewhere in between.

I am the moderator of an indoor training support group. There is an extensive file section with a lot of info on trainers, etc. ALso, in the Training Forum of BFN, there is a sticky on trainers.

Good luck.

Last edited by DnvrFox; 08-06-06 at 12:28 PM.