Lecterman
The Guadfather

Bikes: Trek, Centurion, Kuwahara coming soon

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by oneradtec
I like it! Saddle looks tilted forward. Nice wheels. Yes...a clear coat over the decals would be nice. I've never seen shifters up there like that. Never been tempted to move them to the downtube? ...or to upgrade to integrated ergo-shifting? The pedals look like egg beaters?

Nice bike you have there. How many miles are you putting on her now? What kind of riding do you do?
Started out with shifters on the DT, didn't like it too much. Used the Take-Offs to bring them closer to the bars. I plan to move to brifters eventually as money allows. I plan to put a new group on it when that time comes as my group is an old Shimano 600 (Ultegra predecessor) group.

The pedals are egg-beaters. I know they are not the popular choice for road bikes, but I only have one pair of shoes and I put most of my miles on my ATB (commuter).
So it helps to have the same pedals on both bikes.

As far as mileage, I have ~900 miles on it since I got it. I ride mostly flat areas with some moderate climbs, but nothing most in CA would consider as hills.