Thread: Rode my Age !!!
View Single Post
Old 08-06-06, 04:41 PM
mollusk
Elite Fred

Bikes: 2009 Spooky (cracked frame), 2006 Curtlo, 2002 Lemond (current race bike) Zurich, 1987 Serotta Colorado, 1986 Cannondale for commuting, a 1984 Cannondale on loan to my son

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 60 Post(s)
Liked 42 Times in 19 Posts
Originally Posted by RayGreen
Based on how I've felt the past 2 hours, it may come to that. I did a 1 mile run this A.M. and felt great afterwards. That is until, I helped my wife get the laundry down to the laundry room. The bending & twisting has me feeling miserable.

It may be time to say goodbye to running. In 12 years, I've ran 13 marathons and I have over 35 age division awards so I've made the best of it. This pain isn't worth it. I've been pain free for 2 months including at work. I'm a truck/equipment mechanic and bending & lifting is part of my daily regimen. I can work 10 hours a day, bike 100+ miles a week, and feel fine. Run 1 mile and I feel like crap. Times are changing.
I hear you, brother. While I didn't run I did play full-court basketball (pickup) at a pretty high level (lots of the players were former "high major" NCAA Div 1 players) and "retired" from it a few months after turning 50. I played three times per week and hurt "24-7". Now I feel MUCH better and I believe I am in much better "shape".