View Single Post
Old 07-31-03, 11:06 AM
MisterJ

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
My experience with the Boardwalk 6 is pretty good. It is a bit twitchy and I would recommend never even trying to ride it handsfree. And it doesn't climb all that well because of the flexibility of the handlbars. The stock tires/tubes don't seem to hold their 65 lbs. of air all that long so check them often and air them up.

I have ridden it about 30 miles at a time and that is about the max my rear can handle on that particular seat.

If you want a storage/carry bag, check out ediscountbike on Ebay. They have a Mongoose/Montague bag which is a little big but works pretty well and no one can even tell it's a bike in the bag.

Gloves have a several valuable purposes, at least to me. They give you a great means of wiping the perspiration off of your face. They protect your hands if you fall and they can dampen some shock and vibration and help keep your hands from going numb. I do recommend them on the Dahon if you ride any distance, because you only have one place you can put your hands on those short straight bars. But at two miles each way you probably don't need them.

I really don't know why the water bottle brase on's are on the underside of the main tube. It works but your bottle can get a bit grungy. But once again at two miles you don't really need that either.

My wife and I have really enjoyed mine. Have fun and be careful.