genec
genec

Bikes: custom built, sannino, beachbike, giant trance x2

Mentioned: 86 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 13658 Post(s)
Liked 4,532 Times in 3,158 Posts
Originally Posted by chephy
Oh, that's quite different. In this case there will be no "pass you - pass me" game: the cars I pass are stuck hopelessly behind, you're not impeding them by passing anyway. So in that case, yeah, I'd work my way forward too. In really tight spots, I might just get off and walk.
Funny... I played that pass you pass me game a little while back with a cyclist, while I was driving. I was on my way to an open water swim spot to do a mile, and this guy happened to be cycling the same route... and beat me.

He was flying in places that I crawl when I ride (up a large hill on a freeway ramp, for instance), but overall he was faster than my car in rush hour traffic. Was simply amazing... and quite an encouraging example.

When cycling though I don't usually get into the pass you pass me game as most of the motor traffic on my commute route moves at 45MPH or so. I can usually stay with the motorists for a light or two, then they are gone... so I don't worry about any "games" that might arise from "leapfrogging."