sgtsmile
Speed Demon *roll eyes*

Bikes: 1998 specialized s-works mtn bike / 2005 Kona Jake the Snake

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by N_C
Tell me this after you have been in an accident with a drunk driver & were injured as a result. It happened to me. The s.o.b. pretty much got away with it. He spent a month in jail at the most. Thankfully for other people it was a single vehicle accident, I was the passenger, had no idea he was drunk. I had a concussion as a result.
Unless you live in some part of the world without law, which you dont, the justice system is what will take care of the problem, not you. If you take the law into your own hands, you are the problem, and the justice system will take care of you. I could not give a rat's ass about how you might feel let down by not personally being able to hurt the person, you may not do it. I do understand why you would want to hurt the person, but you still may not do it. You can do it, but you are participating in a premeditated assault or worse.

I watched someone yesterday on a motorbike get clipped by a minivan. No one fell, no one got hurt. Both drivers stopped. Understandably, the motorcycle driver was angry, but he did not have the right to pound in the side of the van, and then attack the driver and beat him up (which is what he did). Odds are, the score card after that would read: van driver = charged with making an unsafe lane change or careless driving, and the motorcyclist = charged with uttering threats, assault, and several other things netting him, if convicted, 2 years in jail while the van driver gets a small fine and some demerit points. The point is, even though the motorcyclist may have felt justified in doing what he did, he may not do it. It is assault.

This is not a hard concept.