View Single Post
Old 08-09-06, 04:39 PM
tribe3

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Comeback and crash...

I was away from my bike for 2 months due to a disk hernia. I went through 1 month of unsuccessful non-surgical (but very painful) treatment, and finally had surgery 4 weeks ago.

I did my first ride last Sunday with a friend; 20 miles at a slowish pace. I was exhilarated! I thought I wouldn't even make 2 miles with my skinny leftover-left leg.

Yesterday we went for the second ride; we were cruising along the Potomac River in Wash DC and at one point my front weel got stuck in a gap between the sidewalk and a concrete stairway that goes down to the river... I went over the handlebars down the stairs still clipped to the bike. My God it was a hard one.

I freaked-out while I was on the air! Fortunately nothing related to my surgery seems messed-up!!

I got the worst part on my elbow (swollen) and five spots with road (stairs?) rash. I could ride back to the car and only started to feel all the pains after I showered at home.

The wheel, a Velocity Spartacus with 16 spokes only got a 1mm wobble and some scatches. Man those wheels are bullet=proof. Got a scratch on the brifter too...

I'm working on my elbow with ice. I don't want to see a doc again for at least 1 year. I hope to be riding again in 3 or 4 days.

Last night I couldn't sleep with the pain remix

Just wanted to share.

Bests.