View Single Post
Old 08-02-03, 09:28 AM
cyclezealot

Bikes: Klein QP, Fuji touring, Surly Cross Check, BCH City bike

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1485 Post(s)
Liked 73 Times in 64 Posts
Yeah, it was stupid. Couple times in all our lives we take stupid risks. Remember in middle school a red haired and red faced, friend would hold his breath, until once it got so advanced he was unable to catch his breath; when he decided to re-join the living. The teacher had to have Kevin breath in a paper sack to resume normal breathing. Thought it impressed the girls.
I know we are supposed to be adult.
I can recall walking atop bridge railings when I was like 15- young and stupid. Guess, thought it would impress the girls.
Even, like 5 years ago we had a great dinner and like three bottles of wine in a walled city called Vezelay, France. The stars were beautiful and we were like plotzed. We decided to look at the stars by lying on a railing. Went back the next day- the railing over-looked the valley- it was a rampart we decided to appreciate god's creation from. And I have almost a height phobia.!
The next day, we discovered the way down would have been like 300 feet. Just said wow, great view, and walked on. That much wine makes one pretty sleepy too.
Stupidity is still tragic. Guess, walking a plank off a truck-bed still almost merits a Darwin award,though.