Old 08-10-06, 04:31 PM
botvot

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Need advice on Holland/Belgium/Luxembourg

Hi all

I am soon traveling to the Netherlands, Belgium, NE France and Luxembourg for a lovely cycling holiday.

I would like to get some opinions about my main route, I have two choices: (I start from Eindhoven in Holland)

1. Westwards from Eindoven towards Zeeland, down to Brugge, and then diagonally South East through Belgium (Bruxelles, Namur etc), in other words, the coast of Holland and the whole of Belgium, or

2. Southwards (and Sout East) from Eindhoven, exploring the Limburg area, down to the east and south east of Belgium.

So the question is: For cycling, is it nicer to cycle in the East or the West of these two countries? My goal is to get to Dinant and then down to Reims (France), and then on to Luxembourg.

I love hills, the higher I get, the better the view. But I also love the ocean. Has anyone travelled both routes and has some tips/preferences to give?

Also, I have made a quick search in the touring forum: Has anyone cycled extensively in Luxembourg - I know it's small, so extensive is relative

I have about 4 - 5 days per country. (Netherlands, Belgium, France, Lux). I am camping.

Thanks in advance for your advice.

Annette