View Single Post
Old 08-04-03, 12:02 AM
outashape

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I was on a supported ride, TOSRV on Mother's Day Weekend. It is a double century ride--usually not too many newbie cyclists on ride like this so early in the year. A cyclist was stranded, I asked if he was okay. He said no. I stopped and helped. Wish I hadn't though. First, he had a flat, his tires were old. I let him use my repair kit. Then he tried to pumped it up and had a problem with the tube coming through the tire. I told him about making a boot with a dollar bill (something I learned at BF). He didn't have any money. So I gave him a dollar. Then he had to pump the tire back up. His stem was too short. I gave him an extender that fits on the valve. Then he complained about having to pump the tire again. He asked me how I pumped my tires. I told him I use CO2 cartridges. He didn't want to pump his tires, he wanted my CO2. I told him the cartridges were $2 each and I would be happy to sell him mine or he could use his own pump. So he complained the whole time about nobody stopping, about having to pump his tire. I told him the sidewall was dryrotted and he should ride back to the sag. Boy was I glad to get rid of him.