Old 08-13-06, 12:21 AM
orangebang

Bikes: gary fisher

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I need some advice to get started on parts...(picture of my Cannondale frame)

Here's a ~16-20 year old Cannondale frame I found in my buddy's garage that was once his older brother's. For good measure, I called up his brother that lives far away if I could have it. He could've cared less about the bike, as it had been sitting in my friend's garage for the last 10+ years gathering dust and rust.

http://im1.shutterfly.com/procserv/4...6108IcNGzFm2aa

There is nothing that was brazed on for me to remove. There were basically plastic clips that held in the brake lines that popped right out with a set of pliers. So now there are holes in the frame, but those are standard.

Is this thing made of aluminum or something? Part of the tube is a lot thicker than the rest. (On a side note, there is also a Centurion bike of the same vintage, in the same shape. His older brothers were twins...I'm wondering if that is the better bike to turn into a fixie).

So I'm wondering if anyone could tell me what exactly it is that I need to buy. I have no clue what size to look for on anything. The only thing I know about a bike is how to ride one. I am pretty good with tools and minor fabrication, as I used to be a mechanic.

I'd like to make this thing a fixed gear bike with just a front brake. I have the handlebars, but I don't know how to take off the brake. Any advice?

http://im1.shutterfly.com/procserv/4...6108IcNGzFm2aa

There doesn't seem to be anything to pop off so I can access a screw or anything.

If anyone could PM me links to specific parts i would need, or just PM me the sizes.

The only thing I know is that the neck says "0.875" which I'm assuming is the diameter. That's about it.

Also, how do I tell what size bike this is? I rode it once when I was 13 years old, and it fit me pretty well. I think I was about 5'8 or 5'9 back then...the bike was still in fantastic shape back then. What part of the bike do I measure to figure out what size this is?