Old 08-13-06, 12:40 AM
N_C
Banned.

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by straightedge
Nice setup. I'm not a recumbent rider but I've ridden one, and definitly prefer a "regular" bike, but I have a few questions. Is your bottle easily accessible while riding? Looks like quite a reach, at least in the picture. Do you just drape the Camelback hose over your shoulder while riding, or do you have something to keep it from falling off to the side? And how do you haul it around if you travel with it? Looks like a few things like the seat could be removed but it's still pretty long.
I don't use a water bottle. The bottle cage is for my airzound bike horn. The bottle which is nothing more then a soda bottle goes in the cage with a tube that wraps around the steering tube to the horn which is on the handle bars.

The Camel Bak hose comes over my shoulder & is clipped to my jersey. I just have to remember to unclip it before I stand up, otherwise it can tear a hole in my jersey. On long trips, an hour or more I take the seat off of the bike, the water bladder is either on the seat in my Jeep or in a cooler so it stays cold. Trips that are less then an hour I leave the seat on the bike & either put the bladder in the bag, or inside my Jeep.

I also use the Vision Day Bag that goes over the top of the seat frame & covers part of the camel bak. Which means when I need to refill the water bladder during a ride I take the day bag off, loosen the camel bak bag to pull the bladder out. It can be time consuming, but it works, I'm used to it.