a2psyklnut

Bikes: Lots

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
More like this:

Originally Posted by PA28Scuderia
Both you guys have quoted directly from the two sites. A while ago I was wondering the same thing about that fondo fork.

Marzocchi says its for trekking which they describe as even less agressive than xc as Bikes'n'bundy wrote, but as Siu Blue wind said, the dawg line is for all mountain which I have always interpreted as more agressive than xc.

I emailed kona tech about this and all they said was that they werent at liberty to make any claims about another company's product. I guess this doesnt really help anyone much, but im just saying you arent the only ones wondering about this.

If you want MY real opinion i think the fork would be ok for most people buying the bike, but if you are riding the definition of all mountain all the time, i think the fork wouldnt suit you for long.

I have noticed that most people buy bikes for a riding style that is a bit more agressive than their real style. Since kona is a business intending to make money like any other business, they market appropriately; they say "look at this 5 inch all mountain bike, its not xc and not freeride." They know that most people dont need a 5 inche kind of bike so they cut costs by putting on lower end components but they still have the 'wow' factor of a 5inch bike.

When I got my Coiler I noticed that the bike could keep going bigger but the components couldnt take it. After upgrading quite a few things the bike is sweet and the frame with the 6 inch travel can still do more.

I hope I didnt offend anyone by stereotyping people on what bikes they own or how they ride. Just thought my experiences my be useful.
Sorry, I'll remove my Grammar Police Badge now.
"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming, "WOW, What a Ride!" - unknown
"Your Bike Sucks" - Sky Yaeger