View Single Post
Old 08-24-06, 08:48 AM
mudskipper99

Bikes: 2001 Schwinn Mesa Gsx

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I live in Ann Arbor, and I find everything is a bit more expensive than most surrounding areas. I havent looked at the prices on bikes for a while, since im not shopping for one, but you probebly will find the cheapest bikes at the Student bike shop. There is 2 of them downtown/campus. Great Lakes Cycling and Fitness on Stadium near Liberty is having some big closeout sale right now. Dont know if any cheaper bikes are on sale though. I go to second hand stores a lot, and dont see to many bikes.

When the students leave in the spring, there are tons of bikes left behind. Some really nice, new bikes. I got a brand new mountain bike, that looked like it had never been riden once. My friend used to buy houses and rent them out, and he'd end up with more bikes then he knew what to do with every spring.

When I used to drink a lot of Pepsi, I was a Pepsi-holic and I would drive to Toledo/Sylvania a couple times a year and load up my car with cheap Pepsi, and cheap groceries. You have way cheaper gasoline for sure. Anyways, hope you find a bike!

Oh yeah, just a warning if you were planing on coming to Ann Arbor next week, Aug 28-31, the students will be moving back (nearly 10,000 of them!) and it will be a mad house. Many streets on campus will be closed off, so all the moving vans can park and unload. Im already seeing a lot of moving vans.

Last edited by mudskipper99; 08-24-06 at 09:30 AM.