Old 08-12-03, 08:46 PM
nikos

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Got my 2nd set of rims, cassette went on fine, dropped in nice, calipers way off!!!!

Alright, just as I thought I was crusin along setting up my new rims.....the caliper adjustments put a halt to my success. My current rims - Mavic x139's with avid disk rotors/shimano deore M525 hubs. My new rims - Mavic x223, Aztec rotors (2mm thick) it appears they are thicker than the avids. Shimano Deore XT m756 hubs. I thinking, they look almost identical - no problem with much adjusting....not the case. I was able to get the new front rim in and adjust the caliper setting to make it work w/o rub, but the result is soft grip pressure. The back rim was a different case, the rotor sticks tight against the inner brake pad. I tried the adjusters, tried loosening the mounts to see if I could set it to the new rims - no luck. Even with the inner (larger) adjuster all the way out, the rotor is tight against it. What is my next move? Do I take it to the lbs - or is there something I can do. With all the adjusting, I could strip and put on a set of tires - eliminating the second set idea!!