donnamb 
tired

Bikes: Breezer Uptown 8, U frame

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Originally Posted by DannoXYZ
In actual use, I wouldn't worry about HFCS too much. As long as you burn it all off, you'll be fine. Excess amounts while sedentary may be a concern, but that's teh same for all the other carbs as well.
I'm not sure about that. The fact that fructose is converted to glucose in your liver and HCFS contains a lot of it makes me wonder about the needless strain on one's liver when there's lots of other sweeteners available. Especially considering how much we already take in that requires the liver to go the extra mile. Converting lots of fructose in the liver also makes a lot of building blocks available for the creation of lipids which can contribute to high triglycerides, and the evidence so far makes this seem more of a problem for men than women.

If all you're taking in is the occasional Gatorade, I agree that it's probably not a big deal, but it's in so many different food products. Depending on where you shop, you can't escape it. I'm not completely paranoid about it the way some people are, but I just don't think too much fructose is a good idea for the human body, and HFCS contains too much by virtue of its make-up.