Old 08-14-03, 04:32 AM
Richard D
Donating member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally posted by trifona
I would consider removing the front suspension fork, a Manitou Magnum, and replacing it with a lighter & better suited fixed...but I have no idea where to begin here or elsewhere since I'm not really informative on Bycicle mechanics.
A cheap rigid steel fork will probably be a fair bit lighter but they're not many about as even most entry level bikes come with suspension these days. It's worth having a word with your local bikeshop to see if they've got one from someone who has upgraded to front suspension. Alternatively PACE and Kona make new rigid forks but they're not that cheap.

Also, how how ATB bikes tested for size? I bought a 19.5" bike but don't recall doing anything other that a couple of rides in the parking lot with a few bikes. I'm 5'11 & ~240.

Stick with it? Upgrade it? or Sell it?

At around ~$500 I think it's served me well thus far and provided great value. [/B]
Manufactures differ in where they take measurements from so it pays to actually try different bikes, they also vary a bit in top tube length.

Richard