Old 08-30-06, 01:58 PM
chephy
Two H's!!! TWO!!!!!

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 27 Post(s)
Liked 12 Times in 8 Posts
Originally Posted by jm01
i think that that those of us in Toronto are well served by our bike paths...as a year round bike commuter, i wish we had more
Oh, interesting - I've never been on Toronto bike paths in winter: are some of them actually cleared of snow? That would be good to know about!

I have nothing against Toronto bike paths, and I do like some of them (especially if they are of adequate width and follow a valley/park where there are no intersections).

the only trail I have a problem with is the Martin Goodman...its way too narrow and used by walkers, joggers, and rollerbladers...I've seen some nasty accidents there which is why i no longer use it
There are okay sections there, but I agree, most of it is quite bad. And oh yeah, it's scary in the dark... there is a part of it in the east, near the beaches, I think, that's winding and cuts through some really tall grass - know what section I'm talking about?.. I find that scary during the day!

However, most other paths I know of in Toronto (Humber, Don etc.) are also unlit, while some sections of Martin Goodman (the newly built one between, uh, Cherry St. and Coxwell, that follows the Lakeshore) actually has lights (I think...)