View Single Post
Old 08-30-06, 02:55 PM
waunderin

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
hello, i live close to tacoma, bonney lake, about 20 mi. to the east. tacome is built on several hills. it is pretty much an industrial city of about 200,000 population, with several smaller towns adjoining it. i worked their for about 30 years or so. the way it is laid out getting around without a car would be a challenge. there are busses, pierce cty. transit. i have always driven. to the north is ruston, town, with point defiance park. beautiful place, with a zoo and an aquarium, lots of woods, all on a point over looking puget sound, comencment bay, and the narrows. they are building a new bridge across the narrows, great growth on that side. the north end is beautiful old town area. down town is business area and you don't want to be around the hill top area. lots of trouble up there. the south end and east side are mostly residental, with some manufacturing. the tide flats are pretty much mfg. and shipping port. south tacoma way, to the south is called little asia, with many asian stores, resturants, etc. there. there are lots of good places to live, and some really bad places, that i would not want to live in. hopes this helps some, if you want more info feel free to reply with questions. john