Old 08-31-06, 07:30 AM
keevohn
laterally compliant

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Bobby Lex
Why do I feel as though we've been set up.....

Original Post Summary: "We were in the final sprint. I squeezed through on this guy's left side and passed him at the line. I was holding my line. He leaned over and made contact with me causing us to crash. I feel bad because I'm sure this was my fault."

Summary of Several Responses: "Don't feel bad. If you were holding your line, and you did not initiate the contact, it's NOT your fault".
I'm sorry you feel set up, but your paraphrase of my initial post twists what I was saying to make it seem like I was complaining and trying to pass the blame. While I didn't explicitly mention the white-line DQ rule (unintentionally, I might add), I thought it was pretty obvious in the context.

Also, it wasn't until your initial post in this thread that the "it was his fault" statements started flying. You were the first person to suggest this, and several people latched on.

OP's Post-Script: "Would it change things if I told you that in passing him on the left I violated a white-line rule which resulted in an immediate disqualification?"
As soon as I realized that several posters had misinterpreted what I wrote, I tried to clarify the situation. Again, your paraphrase misrepresents my intentions.

Besides, the point of this thread was never to establish blame. I'm well aware of who was at fault: me. The point was to make sure I hadn't overlooked any post-crash etiquette and to try and get a sense of what others have done in a similar situation, because you don't often hear about crashes from anyone other than the 'victims'.

Well DUH!!!!

Neglecting to mention critical facts when posting a question on these boards should result in an immediate disqualification from posting.

Bob
Absolutely unnecessary.