Old 08-31-06, 08:06 AM
MatL

Bikes: none yet

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by jrennie
if you can get a 16.4mph average on theat thing, do yourself a favor and go get a real tri bike or road bike at least. It need not be expensive(BD models that would work from $299 or even an old garage sale roddie that is in good shape) and get it fit properly and you'll be screaming. With out fat tires, upright riding position, and springy front fork working against you, your bike time will be much faster and alot more fun.
I hear what you are saying - faster = more fun. I was very pleased with 16.4 - as I was only 10 seconds slower than my coworker who was riding an older tri bike. What is a BD model?

Also I have set a goal to 'treat myself' to something (probably used) once I drop 20 - 25 lbs. I figure my effort this winter will be better spent working on upgrading 'the engine' before upgrading 'the bike'. Plus with a little less of me stressing the frame, perhaps I won't bend the seatpost. Once I get a new bike, I can keep this bike around and find out what a 'fat tire' tri is -- (mentioned by not2fast) sounds interesting.