View Single Post
Old 09-01-06, 03:24 PM
stapfam
Time for a change.

Location: 6 miles inland from the coast of Sussex, in the South East of England

Bikes: Dale MT2000. Bianchi FS920 Kona Explosif. Giant TCR C. Boreas Ignis. Pinarello Fp Uno.

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked 5 Times in 4 Posts
To qualify as a mountain biker is that the first thing is you do not know better. I started on mountain bikes on hills- Tarmac ones - but all I could see were those trails going up the Green hills. The bike I had then did not have low enough gears, but I still tried them. Walked most of the way up all of the hills- but those Downhills were a blast. Most of these trails were as good as tarmac- Farmers tracks to get the tractor or Landrover over his land but gradually I started to find the real offroad. Tracks through the woods, rough tracks up the hills, and my bugbear- green sheep meadows where the grass grabs the tyres and wears you out with drag. Won't bore you with the real reason but briefly- The hills are clean- no traffic and how can you beat the scenery. Roads to me are a danger- Too many cars- too many fumes and no chance to look at the scenery. (Got to keep an ear and both eyes open for the cars).

Then there is the real requisite for a mountain biker. No Brain.

Spike Milligan