Old 09-02-06, 03:12 PM
pedex
Banned

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked 501 Times in 397 Posts
Originally Posted by patentcad
But we're ALL friggin (that is the correct spelling by the way) amateurs. 'Wannabe pros?' I don't want to be a pro. I personally know ONE domestic pro. And he lives with his PARENTS. Which beats living in your car. Such is the life of many domestic pros. So I'd agree it might be good to ride for a living. IF you can afford do it. Unfortunately being a 'professional' cyclist in US often means accepting renumeration that most of us would never work for. They do it because they love to ride. And why not? We all ride for nothing and buy all our gear. The one guy I know is thrilled to be riding pro. But he does seem to understand it's not going to be his road to professional success in life. Good thinking. I told him not to worry: he's 25, and he'll have the rest of his life to be cooped up in some office or in front of a computer. He agreed.

I GREATLY prefer it this way. I make more money than 90% of pro cyclists (and this would include the UCI dudes) and I also get to ride my bike all the time. And see my family every day. And sleep in my own bed at night. And walk my dog Sam. And rarely deal with travel/airports.
No, YOUR an amateur, im a pro, I ride for a living, and I too make more than most pro racers, big friggin deal. But please, dont dress like a posenger. You aint pro, dont even try to dress like one.