View Single Post
Old 09-03-06, 11:32 AM
mlh122

Bikes: Trek 4500

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I'm a spider-eater too, i have wierd days off so i do a lot of riding on tuesday or wednesday mornings. I've thought of trying bug repellant? if there's something you can spray on you to make you "stink" to spiders so as soon as they get near you they drop to the ground and run away? What I do is worry about the ones that might be poisonous, i pretty much ignore the orange and black tree spiders, they do bite but they leave tiny flea-like bites and I don't think they carry nasty diseases. but if i see a black widow or wolf spider or hobo spider (probably not in the woods but you get the point) i freak out and get it off of me asap. also try and memorize each type of spider you see and when you get back home try to look up pictures on the web and identify if they are dangerous or not, if they are not it will be easier to ignore them, and if they are then you shouldn't let them dangle off you.

An alternative would be get a biking buddy that's a lot taller than you and let him ride in front. Or wear thicker clothes, cover all exposed skin, seal your wrists/ankles/neck etc... with duct tape. also tape the vents in your helmet so spiders don't get in there, or get a full face helmet with a visor and tape it to your shirt. or get a neoprene ninja suit, then you just have to worry about covering the eye hole. if you see any little kids be very nice because they will idolize you as a mountain biking ninja assassin and think that you are the coolest person ever. say things like "stay in school" "don't do drugs" "eat your veggies" etc... Sorry I'm ranting i'm on painkillers, from a sweet endo faceplant i did a few days ago....

Last edited by mlh122; 09-03-06 at 11:37 AM.